Sunday 8 February 2009

The Lonely Island - I'm On A Boat

This aint Seaworld mother fucker this is as real as it gets. I'm on a boat motherfucker don't you ever forget.

Yesterday film makers The Lonely World uploaded their new video 'I'm On A Boat', featuring US rapper T-Pain, on to Youtube. It comes in advance of their new album INCREDIBAD which is due to be released on February 10th.

The Lonely Island are comedians Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone, and Andy Samberg. Apparently they are all in their early thirties but I find this difficult to swallow, watch their videos - I (finding one of them to be quite attractive) certainly felt like a paedophile.

Together, The Lonely Island's work has ranged from their own projects to directing four videos for the band We Are Scientists and writing for popular American sketch and variety show Saturday Night Live.

As a 'band', their music resembles an American Goldie Lookin' Chain and they use a similar satirical style in their lyrics. They bring with them expensive looking parodies of big dollar American music videos.

I first came across The Lonely Island through a link to the song 'Jizz In My Pants' in the Youtube favourites of Leejaybeats, the creator of the funktastic Willy Wonka Parmesan Remix.

No comments: