Sunday 8 February 2009

Anna Friel farts

Anna Friel drinks fruit drink and lets out a silent but deadly on Will Ferrell's film set.

In regards to Anna Friel's appearance this weekend on Friday Night With Jonathon Ross weekend alongside Benicio de Toro and Tom Jones. (And let me be the first to admit that I was wrong when I said that I did not get the attraction to Benicio de Toro.)

It was quite bizarre that in her interview she chose to go down the road of telling a 'hilarious' 'anecdote' about letting off a massive smelly fart. It wasn't just that the story managed to slip out like said fart. She visibly made at least three attempts to bring the interview round to the anecdote.

I can imagine that it is difficult to make funny when you're sat across from Jonathon Ross; King Haha of T.V. presenters. I can imagine it would be quite intimidating. So just sit back and enjoy the job of being interviewee and being paid to sit across from Jonathon Ross while he puts his comedic spin on your life. Do not make an awkward attempt at telling an anecdote about farting in front of Will Ferrell.

Asides from a poor attempt at humour, why did the Friel feel it necessary to speak of this? She sure looked embarrassed by the whole situation. Maybe she was worried that she was losing her Northern Lass edge and, finding that throwing in the odd word in a Wakefield accent was failing her, felt that a quick story about female trumping was a surefire way of reminding people that she was still 'that lezz from Emmerdale.'

What is it about the difference between the acceptance of the behaviour of the digestive system of the male of the species and the denial of that of the female?
Whatever, we all know that girls don't have anuses anyway,

My last boyfriend warned me after we started going out that he 'believed the story that girls do not pooh or fart'. I don't know why he felt that it was necessary to tell me this; we got together at a festival after managing to spend an entire week there without shitting in each other's company. However, I guess that some guys really do subscribe to the belief that as soon as the word relationship is used girls put on 20 pounds and stop shutting the bathroom door.

Relatedly: someone at work told me that the definition of 'fart' in the Oxford Dictionary was 'an explosion between the thighs.' I can now informed-edly tell you now that this was a lie.


No comments: